Fenugreek Seed (Leguminosae-papilionoideae)
Pure powdered seeds.
60 x 550mg in vegetable capsules.
A traditional herb used historically in hot climates where diet can be adversely affected. Recently rediscovered and recommended by herbalists for many reasons.
HABITAT AND CULTIVATION
Native to an area extending from the Mediterranean in the west to China in the east, Fenugreek is an annual, cultivated principally in southern France, north Africa, Turkey, India and China. The seed is gathered in the autumn when ripe.
Mucilage (mannogalactans) up to 45%; steroidal saponins, including diosgenin; alkaloids, including trigonelline; flavonoids; volatile oil (trace); proteins up to 30%; fixed oil up to 8%; vitamins A, B1, C; minerals; choline, up to 1.3% (in leaves).
PARTS USED: Seeds; leaves eaten as food.
- Additive free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- No colours or flavours
- No binders, fillers, glidants or coatings
- No emulsifiers, plasticisers, disintegrants, slow release agents or lubricants
- No synthetic ingredients
- Pure-fil products contain 100% active ingredients
- Nothing genetically modified
- Pure-fil products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- They are perfect choice for those suffering with allergies, food intolerances, need special dietary requirements or just don’t like to have unnecessary additive when they can have purity
“Fifty Vital Herbs” by Andrew Chevallier
“A Short guide to Medicinal Herbs and their Aplications” by C. Haughton