Celery Seed (Apium Graveolens)
Pure powdered fruit.
60 x 450mg in vegetable capsules.
Celery seed is the dried, ripe fruit commonly referred to as “seeds”.
It has a wide range of uses and a complex mixture of constituents that have been the subject of research.
HABITAT AND CULTIVATION
A marshland plant that grows best in damp places, Celery is native to Britain amongst other countries and is often found along the English and Welsh coasts. Grown throughout temperate regions of the world as a vegetable, the cultivated variety is less fragrant than in its wild state. The plant is harvested from June to October.
Volatile oil (1.5-3%) – limonene (60-70%), B-selinene; coumarins; furanocoumarins – bergapten; flavonoids-apiin.
Avoid in kidney disorders and pregnancy.
PARTS USED: Fruit (seeds)
- Additive free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- No colours or flavours
- No binders, fillers, glidants or coatings
- No emulsifiers, plasticisers, disintegrants, slow release agents or lubricants
- No synthetic ingredients
- Pure-fil products contain 100% active ingredients
- Nothing genetically modified
- Pure-fil products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- They are perfect choice for those suffering with allergies, food intolerances, need special dietary requirements or just don’t like to have unnecessary additive when they can have purity
“Fifty Vital Herbs” by Andrew Chevallier
“A Short Guide to Medicinal Herbs and their applications” by Christine Haughton