Rubus Ideaus (family: Rosaceae)
60 x 500mg in additive free vegetarian capsules.
- Additive free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
Raspberry leaf has a long tradition of use during the last trimester of pregnancy to strengthen and tone the uterine and pelvic muscles, and then during labour to assist contractions and to check haemorrhage. It is believed that the alkaloid fragarine is responsible for this action. High doses should be avoided during the early stages of pregnancy as raspberry leaf can stimulate uterine contractions. Rich in nutrients, it can also enrich and encourage the flow of breast milk.
Raspberry leaf contains high amounts of tannins so the resulting astringent action make it a beneficial herb in the treatment of heavy or irregular periods as well as diarrhoea and irritable bowel conditions. The calcium and magnesium content of the leaves may also help alleviate muscle spasms and PMS cramps. A cooling herb, raspberry leaf tea can help to reduce fever, and an infusion of the herb may be used as a gargle for tonsillitis or as an eyewash in conjunctivitis.
NB: The above information is for guidance only, and is not intended to take the place of diagnosis and treatment by a qualified practitioner.
- No colours or flavours
- No binders, fillers, glidants or coatings
- No emulsifiers, plasticisers, disintegrants, slow release agents or lubricants
- No synthetic ingredients
- Pure-fil products contain 100% active ingredients
- Nothing genetically modified
- Pure-fil products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- They are perfect choice for those suffering with allergies, food intolerances, need special dietary requirements or just don’t like to have unnecessary additive when they can have purity