Dandelion Leaf (Taraxacum officinalis)
Pure powdered leaf.
60 x 300mg in vegetable capsules.
Dandelion is known in France as ‘piss-en-lit’ and anyone who has eaten the leaves or handled the fresh herb will know the truth that lies behind it’s continental title.
The leaves contain a high potassium content and other naturally occurring nutrients.
HABITAT AND CULTIVATION
Dandelion grows throughout most of the world and is cultivated in many countries, notably Germany and France. It grows in sunny sites in pastures, meadows and waysides. The leaves are picked early in the year as a vegetable, later as a medicine. The roots of two year old plants are unearthed in the autumn.
Sesquiterpene lactones; triterpenes; coumarins; carotenoids, Vitamins A, B, C, D; minerals, especially potassium.
A very safe herb – to be avoided only in severe pathology affecting the kidneys or gall-bladder/bile ducts.
PART USED: Leaves, roots.
- Additive free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- No colours or flavours
- No binders, fillers, glidants or coatings
- No emulsifiers, plasticisers, disintegrants, slow release agents or lubricants
- No synthetic ingredients
- Pure-fil products contain 100% active ingredients
- Nothing genetically modified
- Pure-fil products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- They are perfect choice for those suffering with allergies, food intolerances, need special dietary requirements or just don’t like to have unnecessary additive when they can have purity
“Fifty Vital herbs” by Andrew Chevallier
“A Short Guide to Medicinal Herbs and their Applications” by Christine Haughton.