Hawthorn Berry (Crataegus monogyna; Crataegus oxyacanthoides)
Pure powdered berry.
60 x 450mg in vegetable capsules
120 x 450mg in vegetable capsules
Hawthorn grows in hedgerows and copses throughout Britain and all temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. Its bright red berries contain flavonoids, cardioactive glycosides, saponins, tannins and vitamin C.
Hawthorn is a fine heart and circulatory tonic. It can help lower blood pressure (or, paradoxically, raise blood pressure that is too low) and slow the heart rate and it is used by herbalists in the treatment of angina, cardiac arrhythmia, or a weak or failing heart. The flavonoids and condensed tannin phlobaphene help to dilate the blood vessels, particularly those that supply blood to the heart, while the cyanogenic glycosides have a sedative effect, slowing the heart rate.
Combined with herbs such as Ginkgo, Hawthorn can enhance poor memory by improving the cerebral circulation and thereby increasing the amount of oxygen to the brain.
While hawthorn is a gentle remedy with no known side-effects it should only be used under qualified supervision by those taking other medication as it may increase the effect of other cardioactive drugs taken simultaneously.
PARTS USED: Flowering tops; leaves – highest bioflavonoid contents; berries.
NB: The above information is for guidance only, and is not intended to take the place of diagnosis and treatment by a qualified practitioner.
- Additive free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- No colours or flavours
- No binders, fillers, glidants or coatings
- No emulsifiers, plasticisers, disintegrants, slow release agents or lubricants
- No synthetic ingredients
- Pure-fil products contain 100% active ingredients
- Nothing genetically modified
- Pure-fil products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- They are perfect choice for those suffering with allergies, food intolerances, need special dietary requirements or just don’t like to have unnecessary additive when they can have purity