Melissa Leaf (Melissa Officinales)
Pure powdered leaf.
60 x 400mg in vegetable capsules.
More commonly known as “Lemon balm” and identified by its sweet lemony scent and rough serated leaves. Calming best describes its nature. A herb once again in the limelight especially with the elderly.
HABITAT AND CULTIVATION
The dried aerial parts are used. The plant is a native herb to Southern Europe, Asia, North Africa and latterly introduced in the UK. It is lemon scented with rough serrated leaves, with pink and white flowers.
Volatile oil containing monoterpenoid aldehydes, flavonoids, glycosides, triterpenes and oleanolic acids.
Non-reported. Not advised during pregnancy.
PARTS USED: Leaves only.
- Additive free.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- No colours or flavours
- No binders, fillers, glidants or coatings
- No emulsifiers, plasticisers, disintegrants, slow release agents or lubricants
- No synthetic ingredients
- Pure-fil products contain 100% active ingredients
- Nothing genetically modified
- Pure-fil products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- They are perfect choice for those suffering with allergies, food intolerances, need special dietary requirements or just don’t like to have unnecessary additive when they can have purity
“Fifty Vital Herbs” by Andrew Chevallier
“A Short Guide to Medicinal Herbs and their applications” by C. Haughton